I think I mentioned that Chris has been going crazy on the woodworking lately. I have found myself saying, “You know, we could use a (bench/shelf/stool) in the (kitchen/dining room/ attic)” and then he disappears to the basement for a while and comes back with something like this:
And while the dining room is nowhere near done (we are going to strip that woodwork, I already have the wallpaper I’m putting up, and a couple walls will be dark green) I’m pretty impressed with the price tag so far:
1) Dining Room table made from a door we found in the basement. Original to the house, it’s priceless to us, but the hairpin legs were $100 and purchased online
2) the Windsor-esque chairs were a Tarrytown antique store find — 4 for $129. Can’t beat that!
3) the bench was probably around $200 in wood and paint, maybe less
4) The credenza was a gift from a friend who was relocating
5) The rug is a temporary fix, but also a great hand-me-down from Chris’ sister
6) The mirror is really old– it’s a window frame we got for $5 in Provincetown, and Chris added mirrors to it. We’ve had it forever.
So, we have a ways to go until the dining room is “done,” but in the effort of documenting progress, and bragging on Chris’ bench-making skills, I thought I’d make a little post to share where we are so far. Thanks for stopping by!