when you need it…. And since I need a kick in the butt to get my blog back in gear, I’m super grateful to the intelligent, honest blogger over at My Life, My Way, My Words for nominating my blog for a Liebster Award.
A Liebster Award seems to me to be something like a chain letter for bloggers, but with a more pay-it-forward kind of attitude. I don’t have a lot of followers on my blog, and most of the blogs I follow DO have a lot of followers, but in any case, I’m going to take this award in the spirit in which it’s meant and sincerely thank Minted Moose and pass it along to the bloggers I like to read.
So, here’s what happens:
- I’m going to answer the 11 questions posed to me by Minted Moose
- I list 11 facts about myself
- I’m going to nominate some bloggers I like to read and pose some questions to them …
- They will each post 11 facts about themselves, hopefully answer my questions & pass it all along …. and the blogosphere goes round ….
Hey, maybe you will find a new blog you will love! I have been inspired to seek out some new and smaller blogs, as well…. And here we go ….
11 Facts About Me …
- I never thought I’d live anywhere other than New York City, and spent close to 20 years there, from one tiny apartment to another …
- I LOVE where I live now and miss living in the city 99% less than I expected I would.
- I’m from New Jersey, but often get asked if I’m from Canada…. because my husband is from Minnesota and I’ve picked up his accent in a really odd way.
- I had Hodgkin’s Lymphoma when I was 12, which is part of the reason why I’m a huge supporter of Solving Kids’ Cancer.
- I can twirl a baton.
- I won’t pump gas. Being from New Jersey, where it’s illegal for one to pump one’s own gas, combined with almost 20 years of not owning a car or driving … well, it’s just one of those things I have no interest in figuring out. I mean, if I HAD to, I could do it. But hopefully, I won’t ever have to
- My friends are more important to me than they probably know.
- I talk too fast.
- Huge. Theatre. Nerd.
- I love kids, but I never wanted to have any of my own … and I never did.
- My husband is my favorite person on the planet.
My questions from Minted Moose:
1. If you could be an animal, What would you be and why?
A wild, tropical bird … I would like to be able to fly, to live someplace beautiful, be able to make a lot of noise, and be confident that I always looked good!
2. Favorite colour?
Purple. And though I have been incorporating so much color into the house, none of it is purple. Hmmmm….
3. Your favorite movie?
The Princess Bride.
4. Your trapped on an island and have 3 things, What are they?
A working sat phone to get me off the island? Fresh water and some food! OK, if not for survival’s sake, but for the “trapped on an island’s” sake …. I would have my favorite photo album, a case of amazing wine that I would dole out very carefully over the time I was trapped, and a loyal puppy.
5. Your best feature?
My sense of humor.
6. If a movie was made about your life, what would it be called?
Drink, Laugh, Repeat
7. When you were 7, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Either a veterinarian or an actress …
8. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Working with The Milk Can Theatre Company from its inception until 2012. I’d always wanted to have a theatre company, and we did good, solid work for many seasons. I feel really proud of the plays I wrote during that time, the way the company was run and the fact that we employed a lot of artists along the way, who hopefully had a good time and learned something, too. I met so many talented actors, designers and directors, who inspire me to this day. In addition to holding down a full time job the entire time I worked with the company, I think I managed to run it well, produce good work and make lifelong friends.
9. How do you like your steak cooked?
10. Whats one of the strangest things you’ve ever done?
Suddenly bought a house in Peekskill and moved there!
11. Do you think people can control their own destiny?
More than they know ….
Now, my questions go to the following bloggers:
yes, I realize that’s only 8! I need to read more blogs, ok?!? I’m working on it! I don’t even know how many followers these bloggers have and I think many of them are over 200…. but I’m giving this a shot …
Here are your questions, should you choose to play along …
- Even if you’re not a city person, what’s your favorite city and why?
- Whats’ your favorite book? (don’t go nuts. Just one you currently love, or the one you go back to over and over …)
- What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve ever eaten?
- What now-deceased or now-defunct band or artist do you *wish* you had gotten to see in concert?
- What’s your favorite season and why?
- What’s your favorite seasoning and why?
- What’s a belief you held as a child that makes you laugh as an adult? (Ruefully or otherwise …)
- If you suddenly came into a pile of money, what would be the FIRST thing you’d do with it?
- Train, plane or automobile?
- What’s your favorite Shakespeare play?
- If you could go back in time to live in any place/era in history, what would it be and why?
So…. I think that’s it! Liebster Away, my fellow bloggers …. Oh, and just wait till the post about the new subfloor in the basement. Super exciting stuff….
Happy I’m back!! And for what it’s worth, this whole exercise was fun! Try it– It’s fun!